Thursday, May 19, 2011

I want BLUE skies!!

This card is probably the longest I have ever spent making one card,  but I love the outcome.  Yesterday I received my latest workshop order with my $25 in free hostess benefits.  Well I know how to make money stretch so though I want to buy everything in the catalog that is not financially possible.  So do you want to know what I got???  I got 2 packs of pearls, french roast and onyx, the butterfly die trio and a pack of ocean paper.  Seriously I was in goodie heaven and I knew I wanted to create.  Well I decided to do the first A Muse Studio Creative Consultant Challenge because a winner will be chosen at random to when a free stamp set of your choice.  The challenge was to make a card with a recessed window,  here is Julie's video
I am so grateful to be working with a company that  is invested in the success of every consultant.  They have provided so many tips and trick as well tons of chances for FREE product, like this challenge.  I also took inspiration from one of my favorite Papertrey Ink designers, Dawn McVey, check out her fun card here.  This post is getting a little long so let's get to the good stuff.
This shot is to show all the dimension in the card.  Can you see the embossed dots?  I started with a sky base, then stamped the flower from beautiful botanicals in Latte.  Then grabbed a piece of ocean and die cut with labels 1 nestie.  Then versamarked with the polka dot patterns largest dots and embossed it using clear embossing powder. Then I used the largest of the scallop border set of dies. Ok now to the really fun part do you see the gorgeous blue pin stripes??  For the butterfly and the window frame I laid washi tape from the spring collection on sugar card stock and the die cut them.  And lately no card is complete without a bow, I am not a bow making expert, I used our bow maker and some bermuda satin ribbon and got perfect the perfect bow.  So here is a straight on shot,

I really hope you like it and fingers crossed I win that stamp set, also don't forget to like our new Facebook page!!

All supplies are A Muse Studio
Stamps: Beautiful Botanicals, Polka Dot Patterns
Paper: Sugar, Sky, and Ocean
Ink: Latte and Versamark
Accessories: Spring Washi tape, Bermuda Satin Ribbon, Clear Twinkle Stickers and Clear Embossing Powder
Dies: Nestibilities Labels 1, Butterfly trio dies, and Scallop Border die

14 comments:

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful card!

VanessaB said...

wowwee! that is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Sassy said...

Love that you included the video... now if I only worked that fast! Love it.. and your card is MAGNIFICENT!

Kimberly said...

Your card is Beautiful! I love the butterfly!

Jennifer said...

This card is beautiful!! I love it Sami! :) Hope you win!!

JulieHRR said...

Love the framing around the window and the double layered butterflies! Awesome, Samantha!

Elisabeth said...

Lovely card, very elegant and your right...it's a perfect bow!

Michelle VP said...

Very pretty! Love the embossed texture and window for your butterfly. :)

Jackie said...

This card is sooo very beautiful! I love how you made the window & that butterfly is gorgeous!! Awesome work & TFS!!!

Brenda Lee said...

Sami, you did such a fantastic job on your card!! I love it! I really hope you win.

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card! I love the colors and butterfly. Thank you for the tutorial

Jennipher Lowery said...

absolutely gorgeous!

Tina W. (TeaDub) said...

Such an elegant card...I love it!

Carrie Sampsel said...

This is so beautiful!! Love the butterfly. TFS

Total Pageviews