Wednesday, May 25, 2011

a Moxie fab hybrid

I am so excited, I was truly inspired by this week's Tuesday Trigger .  I have been stalking this blog and at times even started cards but in just didn't work out.  Well not this time, check out this gorgeous inspiration.

My card is a hybrid, no not part digital, half Cricut E2 and half  A Muse Studio.  I LOVE my E2!!  Seriously it is so easy to use, and I love that I can use multiple carts at the same time.  Place different papers and different image sizes all on 1 mat and cut at once.




To make the bird I used the "Just a note" cartridge by Cosmo Cricket. The bird is on pg 63 of the cartridge handbook. I cut both card layers at 3.25", the bottom layer in orange, the top layer in cherry.  Then I ran the top layer through my xyron and placed it on the bottom layer.  The beautiful flowers were made using the E2 and ink.  I used a scrap piece of paper and cut square 1-s out of the cricut essentials cartridge pg 26 of the handbook.  I used this square as a stencil and covered the holes up with washi tape that weren't being used.  Then grabbed my finger daubers and dabbed orange and papaya ink. Remove the stencil and repeat on the other side.  I finished both flowers with a cherry twinkle sticker in the center. Then die cut it using Labels 8 nestibilities.  I finished the bird with an onyx pearl sticker and popped it up with dimensionals. I added some papaya organdy ribbon with a knot and stamped the sentiment from "life is a song" in memento tuxedo. I then die cut a piece of cherry gingham using the Labels 8 too. Then adhered the layers to a cherry base.  I am going to try to learn how to make instructional videos, so I can just show you instead of you having to read such a long post, but thanks for hanging on until the end and don't forget the 2nd of every month is the blog hop starting right here.

All supplies are A Muse Studio unless otherwise noted:
Stamps: Life is a song
Paper: Cherry, sugar, orange, and cherry gingham
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, papaya and orange
Accessories: papaya organdy ribbon, onyx pearl stickers, and cherry twinkle stickers
Cricut Carts: Just a note and cricut essentials

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

I reallllly Like this Sami!! Great job :)

Brenda Lee said...

That turned out great!!! I love how you got inspired for this card from the bowls. Fantastic job!

Sassy said...

Sami... Sami... Sami.... Shazam, Girl! Brilliant! Brilliant idea! Brilliant color! Brilliant execution! Brilliant finished product!!!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful and retro, love it! ;)

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful card and great colors. :-)

Lela said...

Oh I like it! Looks like you're having fun with your E2! Very cute

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a great card and such wonderful and bright paper. Enjoy!

VanessaB said...

DARLING card! great job!

Annette said...

Cute card...love the bird

Joan Ervin said...

I just love your take on the trigger...your card is sooo cute!!!

Cath said...

Hey Samantha! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Total Pageviews