Tuesday, May 3, 2011

a very merry un-birthday meets the sweet stop sketch

Here is another card a made for vsn, it was a color challenge inspired by a parrot.  Use green, orange, and yellow with a splash of blue.  So I decided to use the sweet shop sketch of the week.  I am usually a very CAS kinda girl but I am pushing myself to step out of my comfort zone.

Supplies are all a*muse studio
Stamps: contemporary greetings, a very merry un-birthday, swanky background
Paper: buttercup gingham, ocean, orange, sugar, grass polka dots, shimmer papaya
Ink: ocean, papaya, grass, memento tuxedo
Accessories: orange satin ribbon, flax and cosmos flowers, grass and bermuda buttons, lg scalloped and classic oval nestibilities

Unfortunately, I found out that I am not going to get copic certified in Columbus this month but am trying to make it happen in Indiana in June (as long as they don't have a waiting list :)  I know a couple of you are very eager to get classes going and so am I.  So fingers crossed I can get in.  If you missed it yesterday we had an awesome blog hop as well as an introduction to our new facebook page, but we will not close the contest for free goodies until tonight so hop on over here for all the details. Have a terrific Tuesday!

10 comments:

KER said...

great job

stampinbygenny said...

Gorgeous colors and I love how you colored the image. TFS

Fiona said...

Love the colour scheme! I'm a CAS gal too and know how hard it can be to move away fromn the comfort zone, but you've done a great job here.

Anne Marie said...

Hi Samantha! This is so fun! I just love the bright and happy color combo and those flowers are such great accents. Great job! :)

Sassy said...

A parrot? What fun... and great use of the colors... love the bright cheeriness of it all put together. Great Job, Sami!

VanessaB said...

look at all that color! you did it! super cute, fun card and the color combo is great :)

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful! Love the pretty image and wonderful flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop!

Becky said...

this is so cute.Love the flowers.

Janice M said...

Cute card! Love the color combo. Thanks for joining us this week at The Sweet Stop!

Kim P said...

Fantastic card! Yummy colors!

Total Pageviews