Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hybrid Whooo's Graduating?

As I mentioned yesterday, my mom needs lots of cards in the next week. So yesterday I spent a couple hours playing with the E2 and the Wild Card cartridge and came up with this hybrid. (hybrid= cricut + a muse studio :).
So I cut the owl card at 3" in kraft and french roast, then I cut the graduation cap card at 2.5" in onyx and the tassle in orange. both the owl and the cap were full cards meaning they were a cut image attached to a solid image to be fold in half and be a card on their own.  So separated the card fronts and backs first, then I layered the 2 different cut owls and got my craft knife and detached the feathers and the big ring of the eyes. I ran the french roast cut owl through my xyron 500 and placed it on the kraft version.  I then to scraps of orange and ocean to place behind the holes for the beak and eyes. for the cap I just cut it's front from the back added the tassel and used the slit to slide it on the owls ear.  I decided I want to cut a lg oval from the latte woodgrain cardstock. so I used my nesties and decided where the hole was going and held the die in place with washi (I told you this stuff is great).  But since the back of the owl and cap would be visible when you opened the card I used the solid pieces I cut off at the beginning and covered the messy part. I then used a piece of sugar and and stamped congratulations from brief notes in french roast and then scored, popped and snipped until it looked like a banner.  I added french roast pearl stickers to the ocean eyes and under the sentiment to give it a little something.  Now nothing goes to waste so the oval that I cut out of the front was placed on the inside panel with a nesting sugar oval for the well wishes my mom decides to add.   Though it was a long process I am so glad this turned out the way I pictured it and I was so pleased it was my first submission to scrapbook news and review as their July call was for the cricut wild card cartridge;)  Can't wait until tomorrow when I can share the awesomeness that A Muse Studio is offering customers.

All supplies are A Muse Studio unless otherwise noted:
Paper: latte woodgrain, french roast, orange, ocean, kraft, and sugar
Stamps: brief notes
Ink: french roast
Accessories: french roast pearl stickers
Tools: E2 and Oval nesties
Cricut Cartridge: Wild Card

3 comments:

Jennipher Lowery said...

This is too cute, Samantha! Just love those cuts.

MiamiKel said...

How sweet, Sam! What a happy Graduation card! It must have taken you forever to cut this out! Nice work - I'm sure it brightened the grad's day! x0x0

Carrie Sampsel said...

This is so cute and a great graduation card. I just love the little owl. TFS

Total Pageviews