Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Life's a Beach in Layers!

As I mentioned a couple weeks ago I have teamed up with Jennipher over at Christian Paper Crafts for some Cricut fun.  You know I love my hybrid cards (1/2 cricut + 1/2 A Muse Studio) and this one sure was fun.  Last week Jennipher started the "Life's a Beach" exploration with Title Words, so this week it is my turn to explore the layers function. As long as you leave the "real dial size" button off this is a really fast and easy function.  I chose to work with the sailboat.  I cut the base at 4" from blueberry paper and then hit the layers function and cut it 2.5 more times.  Once in blueberry gingham, once in latte woodgrain and then for the .5 I took a small scrap of cherry and place it where the "flag" had been cutting (it is one of the first cuts) and once cut I paused the machine and unloaded the mat.  I always use my xyron sticker maker to adhesive all the parts I cut with my cricut.  So I assembled all the layers and doubled up the dimensionals on the boat part and single layered the sails.  I used the Sweet Stop Sketch as my layout.  I love how well the cricut image coordinates with the A Muse Studio cloud dies.  I will be exploring the layers feature on this cartridge for the rest of the week so stop back for more exciting projects and even another video!!
All supplies are A Muse Studio unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Essential Sentiments
Ink: Ocean
Paper: Cherry, Blueberry, Sky, Buttercup, Latte Woodgrain, Blueberry Gingham
Accessories: Onyx pearl stickers, Cloud dies, Cherry Satin Ribbon
Cricut Cartridge: Life's a Beach

14 comments:

Jennipher Lowery said...

Rockin' card Sami! Thanks for joining me on this venture. Looking forward to what you have in store for the rest of the week.

MyCuriousCrafts said...

Very cute card you created, very nicely done. ~Shen

Sassy said...

sami..... that card is sooooo darn cute!

Cathymac said...

Your sailboat is just adorable! Great work with the Cricut and explanation of the layers function. Thanks for playing along at the Sweet Stop!

rockwelldesigns said...

Fantastic use of your cricut! This is so cute. Love the blue gingham paper for the sails.

VanessaB said...

awesome card! you are really rockin' your cricut! also love the new look of your blog :)

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Love your card and your new blog look is fabulous too. :-)

Monica K. said...

Very cute!! I love the patterned paper sailboat!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fun card! Love that sailboat... great colors and great take on the Sweet Stop sketch. Thank you for playing along with us. :o)

Dixie said...

Great card! Love the papers you used! The clouds are wonderful, and I like how you stamped the sentiment on the cloud.

Amber R. said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing!

Tina said...

Awesome card, you've inspired me to try the layering, which I've never done yet. Thanks for the explanation.

Michelle said...

sami..i LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!!
I need to get out my Life's beach cartridge and use it...you've inspired me!
TFS!
michelle

Kim P said...

this is adorable!!

Total Pageviews