Saturday, July 16, 2011

Miranda's Invites part 2

Wow, time flew by sorry it took a couple days to get this up.  I couldn't believe when I woke up this morning and checked my email that I had my first ever spotlighted challenge card.  My sailboat card was spotlighted over at the Sweet Stop.  I am so excited!!!  But I know you all are dying for part 2 of the embossing folder video and to see how great the invites turned out using the layers function of the Life's a Beach cartridge.  The video is a short one just to show how I save everything to use over and over again.
Now I have to say I struggled yesterday as it seemed like everything I touched broke or got ruined.  I thought I would have these invites done by 6pm and at midnight I was running them over to my brother's house. Jeremy even got in on the action when he dropped the box of envelopes and it fell precisely on the button of the power strip that the TV is on.  So he thought the TV broke but luckily it was just some fluke that the corner of the box hit the switch.  The colors on the invite are so vibrant I am a little disappointed in the pictures.  Here is the front.
I used the font "bamboo" and the colors are bubblegum pink and papaya yellow with a tealish light blue, told you the pictures weren't good.  The wording is printed by the Print Shop in downtown Ravenna.  I just love them they printed on 80lb smooth cardstock. But I cut the flower "layers" in 2 sizes 1.25" and 2" in both Papaya and Bubblegum.  Now for the back.
The letters were cut from the Life's a beach cartridge as well in Papaya.  Well luckily they loved them even though they wound up being such a pain for me.  These are sized at 3.5" x 5.5" and fit nicely in a standard A2 envelope.   I still have 1 more card to show you using the layers function but I probably won't have that up until late tomorrow as I am hosting my 2nd annual Christmas in July for our troops, Operation Write Home party.  I love this event and can't wait to share with you all the fun that is had.

All supplies are A Muse Studio unless otherwise noted
Paper: Bubblegum, Papaya (hawaiian shores by papertrey ink)
Cricut cartridge: Life's a beach

5 comments:

Michelle said...

so cute!...love the "wave" embossing...it's perfect!
TFS!
michelle

Lucky Girl Paper Arts said...

This invitation is way cute! Nicely done...:)

Kim P said...

very cute...great beachy colors!

KER said...

these are awesome!

rockwelldesigns said...

Love the embossed waves!

Total Pageviews