Thursday, August 18, 2011

CPC Wonderful Wonders of Cricut- Straight From the Nest

Yesterday was Wednesday and so it was the wonderful wonders of cricut over at Christian Paper Crafts.  You know I love my "hybrid" cards and with all the new holiday goodies arriving I just had to do a Christmas card.  This week we begin the exploration of "Straight from the Nest". The first featured function is probably the most common feature of cartridges "shadow/ layer". So I wanted to take things a little further than just exploring the feature and help you guys see the images in your cartridges in a different light. My sample card today has the "hat" cut at 3" on shadow, regular and shift. But as you see this is not a birthday party hat but rather a beautiful Christmas tree. I really hope you enjoy exploring any cartridge you have with a new eye on the image as well as the "shadow/ layer" feature.
 Tonight is "On the Road" with A Muse Studio I am so excited.  Hopefully I will have a few pictures to share but I don't want to spoil anything for the rest of the stops (especially since I was so lucky to be a stop in the first week).  So I won't be sharing projects or the free stamp set yet but hopefully will be able to share something ;)

All supplies used are A Muse Studio except Cricut Cartridges
Paper: Twas the night before Christmas script. grass shimmer couture, sugar, grass gingham, cherry polka dots, kraft
Ink: lichen and fern
Stamps: Holiday tags
Accessories: Cherry twinkle stickers and satin ribbon
Cricut cartridge: Straight from the nest

11 comments:

Carrie Sampsel said...

What a cute card. I love the papers you used and the tree is tooo cute.

Margaret said...

What a clever idea to make your tree. Very pretty.

Mary G. said...

How CUTE is that?? So creative! Great job!

MiamiKel said...

beautiful! I love, love gingham and this just made me smile :)

Dixie said...

Your tree is very creative, and the whole card is very pretty and coordinated so beautifully! Love it!

Vicki said...

Sweet, sweet card! Very creative! I may have to look for that cart now!! Blessings to you!

Jackie said...

What a cute card & love that bow! TFS!!!!

KellyS said...

Love the retro colors, Sami. They fit the style of the 'tree'. Very creative lady :-)

Ravengirl said...

Cute Sami! Way to think out of the box!

Karen Howard said...

Welcome to the online stamping community. I found your new blog post on SCS. Your card is gorgeous! Love your blog template too! Hugs, Karen
P.S. If you have time to stop by, I've a bloghop and blog candy going on today!

Michelle said...

Fun card and I just love the pink and green together!

Total Pageviews