Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Felt Hawaiian Hair combs

I promised you guys a close up of the flower hair combs that were in every girls party bag.  I went to Joann's to get felt in anticipation of receiving some of the new felt from A Muse Studio that will be released August 22nd.  I have never worked with felt so I wanted some practice.
I cut this felt using the blossom nesties but it didn't cut as easily, even going through the machine several times I still needed a pair of scissors to trim up fraying and a few spots that were still connected.  This felt is a little itchier than the new felt from A Muse Studio.  I got the combs from walmart 2 for 98 cents and then used hot glue gun to assemble.  I used A Muse Studio french roast buttons with just white thread from the sewing kit for the center.  The button really isn't sewn on it is just threaded and hot glued (I know silly but I can't sew).  I decided for the their bags I need to put them on something. So I took scraps of white cardstock and cut them with the scalloped rectangle nesties then used my craft knife to make a slit in the middle.
All the girls loved it especially Miranda she loves her "pretties".  So one more pic of how it looked in my hair.
Hope this inspires you to use your paper crafting tools with a different medium for some fun results.  Felt is my new best friend LOL.

Supplies:
Felt- Joann's
Buttons- A Muse Studio
Hair Combs- Wal Mart Goody's
Tools: Blossom and lg rectangle scalloped nesties and Aleene's Hot Glue Gun



9 comments:

sarahw said...

So darling! I wish I had a little girl to make one for. :) I loved your party idea.

silkeshimazu said...

I love how you used your nesties in combination with felt! Your flower hair combs are so pretty.

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Those are so cute!

Jennipher Lowery said...

Very cute. I want to cut felt and fabric with my Cricut but, just not sure if it needs some kind of backing before I put it on the mat. Have you ever cut fabric or felt with your Cricut.

Andrea said...

Cute! Cute!! Cute!!! Love the hair combs!!

rockwelldesigns said...

Cool idea, I haven't played with felt yet but it looks like a fun medium.

Jackie said...

Oh how cute! I've never worked with felt before either but your piece came out so adorable...TFS!!!!

KER said...

super cute!!...love them

Cheryl said...

How cute! I need to make one for my daughter. Thanks for the inspiration.

Total Pageviews