Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Michael graduated!!

A family friend's son graduated this year and she asked me to make some decorative things for his party.  I actually did the same thing for her older son several years ago in the beginning of my paper crafting.  So I didn't have a very high bar to jump over LMBO.  I used Cricut American Alphabet to put his name on the card box using miscellaneous cardstock from my stash.
Once his card box arrived at home they just twisted his tassel around the button provided. As for the sides of the box I wrapped it using  white cardstock and stamped it using A Muse Studio ocean ink and Memento tuxedo.  The stamps are an assortment of clear acrylics that unfortunately from my binder that I didn't realize I would ever need the company name for any reason, so please forgive me stamp owner company.
I also made several picture boards and his guest book.  The guest book was simply made out of blue and white cardstock and punched with crop a dile. I then kept it together with 3/4" metal book rings and then decorated with ribbon.  I used felt thickers in black to title the front.  His mom was very happy with how everything turned out and it helped me use up some of the stuff I had before I knew the importance of tracking companies LOL.


3 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a great idea on the box.... Love it!! TFS!

silkeshimazu said...

I love the idea of the card box and the guest book is so very thoughtful too!

Andrea said...

Love the tassel card box-great job on everything. I'm sure they were thrilled!

Total Pageviews