Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mortise (Reverse) masking makes a spooky scene

Well our fearless director of education, Julie, challenged us consultants to get creative!  I love Julie's challenges she pushes me out of my comfort zone while teaching fun and useful techniques. Enjoy her video.
For my card I diecut a labels 8 window into some scrap paper then washi taped the pebble card base down and then also secured the mask on top of the card.  I then smudged slate ink all over using a finger dauber.  Now that I have my unmasked area I could begin building my scene on top.  I used papaya ink and a circle from "lots of dots" to create the moon.  Then used the grass stamp from "Make a Scene" with the Rich Cocoa memento ink.  For the clouds, also from "Make a Scene" and the bats from "too cute to spook" I used tuxedo black memento ink.  The sentiment is stamped in papaya which is also the color of the organdy ribbon along the top.  Hope you enjoy!  Don't forget our new A Muse Studio Challenge Blog wants you to play with glitter and win some A Muse Studio goodies!!

All supplies are A Muse Studio
Paper: Pebble
Stamps: Lots of Dots, Make a Scene, Too Cute to Spook, Essential Sentiments
Ink: Papaya, memento tuxedo and rich cocoa
Accessories: Papaya organdy ribbon and Onyx pearl stickers

9 comments:

JulieHRR (Her Royal Rubberness) said...

Great spooky scene, Sam!!! Thank you for playin'! :)

MiamiKel said...

Oh this is just spooky and fabby! Beautifully done, neat technique!

rockwelldesigns said...

Cool spooky scene . . . looks like you had fun making it!

Dixie said...

What a fun card and technique! I love your spooky scene, very creative. Thanks for sharing the video, too.

silkeshimazu said...

Great technique and card! Love the spooky scene you created.

Jackie said...

I LOVE how this came out! You did a great job with this technique...TFS!!!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Love your spooky scene. Great technique, thanks for sharing. :0)

krismybliss said...

Great scene! I love how using the finger daubers gives such a sky feel.

Lianna Vigil said...

Great card and I love how the moon turned out! SPOOKY!

Total Pageviews