Sunday, September 4, 2011

Felt rose video, did you know I LOVE felt???

I really need to get some editing software so that I don't have to start from scratch every time I really mess up, but as promised I have a quick fun tutorial for you as well as another stamp free card.  I am sure my stamps and inks are crying from neglect but they will get use soon.   I did really have fun making these so I am sure you will see them a lot.
I used the sketch of a card on page 31 of the holiday catalog as my inspiration.  I actually did a google search for color combos with red as I am color challenged. For me red goes with green for christmas, blue for patriotism and black for any other time. So it was fun to pair it with papaya and bermuda.  I did go to assemble after the video and realize it need one more layer so I matted the papaya shimmer damask on sugar before placing it on the Cranberry base.
I am going to use this as another entry into both the fabulous felt challenge and Julie's Creative Consultant challenge.  Don't forget if you missed the blog hop on the 2nd you can find the post here and enter in our blog candy contest. Also Perfect Sentiment challenge blog is having design team calls until September 20th.  Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend and thanks for stopping by!!

All supplies are A Muse Studio
Paper: Papaya shimmer couture, Sugar, and Cranberry
Accessories: Bermuda satin ribbon, Cherry and Sage felt
Tools: scallop border dies and bow maker

9 comments:

VanessaB said...

oh this is soooo beautiful!

Michelle said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the rose! You are so sweet for doing a tutorial! And your card is just stunning.

Lianna Vigil said...

too pretty! Your flowers are lovely and I love the color combo (red is my favorite color!)

Brenda Lee said...

Sami, thank you so much for sharing this tutorial. I just love how the scallop border dies can be used for more than just creating borders.

Jingle said...

Very cute card!

Cath said...

Hey Samantha! Thanks again for linking up to the Fabulous Felt challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Jennipher Lowery said...

Samantha those felt roses are fabulous! Love them.

Kate said...

Love these Sami!! Great tutorial too!!

Angie said...

Great video!

Total Pageviews