Monday, September 19, 2011

Make your own embellishment challenge

Well it is the great, Amber Smith, is challenging you to make your own embellishments over at the A Muse Studio Challenge Blog.  Well last week I shared my twisted ribbon rose and you have seen my felt scallop border rose so I wanted to show you something different.  Well I decided to show you how great a decorated tag can make an easy card.  I CASE my card making idol, Dawn McVey, she has such a great sense of color and style I love everything she does but this card (scroll down you will see it, it is pretty literal interpretation) was my inspiration today.
I actually colored the pearls and twinkle stickers with copics to coordinate all the colors but I think I should have stopped embellishing long before I did, but live and learn.  So making your own embellishments is so easy with dies, paper, felt, copics the list is endless.  Just remember to not stress over it (I should really heed my own advice, lol) and get creative.  Submit your projects over at A Muse Studio Challenge Blog and you may just win some goodies!

All supplies are A Muse Studio
Paper: Vanilla, French Roast Shimmer Couture, Bubblegum Gingham, Cherry Woodgrain, Kraft
Stamps: Hand Scripted
Ink: French Roast, Copics: E33, RV14, RV10
Accessories: French Roast stitched gross grain, French Roast pearl stickers, Cherry twinkle stickers, Clear twinkle heart stickers, Vanilla felt, unibal white pen
Tools: Classic tag dies, Classic heart dies, Lg Scalloped Circle nestibilities, Butterfly dies

5 comments:

MiamiKel said...

This is just darling! The butterfly is the perfect touch!

Just Me said...

Real nice card. I really like that sentiment. The heart as the butterfly body is a great idea.

Dixie said...

Beautiful card, Samantha! I love the clean background with the cluster of embellishments!

silkeshimazu said...

Beautiful! I love all the felt elements you've been adding to your cards lately.

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful card. I love the tag. Great idea coloring the pearls to match.

Total Pageviews