Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My first submission!

So one of my goals now is to get published well a couple weeks ago I submitted this card to Paper Crafts magazine for their March/ April submission requests.  They didn't accept it but the world did not stop turning or did I take it personally so there will be many more submissions in my future. 
This was a CAS using washi tape and buttons but I love how it turned out. We are now in Toledo and unpacking but I can't wait to get back into my crafting, I have so many projects in my head.  But next week is a big week, not only is this weekend world card making day but a new challenge blog launches on Wednesday, The Pefect Sentiment, I am so excited to be the Design Team Coordinator, there is truly some of the most diverse and creative artists on the team so there is sure to be a sample that inspires you!! This is going to be a great way to have cards for all ocassions like sympathy or get well on hand.  The kind of card when you need it you are not in the mood to make it.  Each week has a twist too.  So head on over and check it out. 

Supplies: All products are A Muse Studio
Stamps: Clever Girls
Paper: Sugar
Ink: Memento Tuxedo
Accessories: Spring and Summer washi tape collection, Buttons: clear, grass, bubblegum, bermuda, buttercup

7 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Wow what a card! So full of color and the sentiment is wonderful (and so true!) I'm sorry your card wasn't accepted - I think it's delightful. Congrats on the move!

Jackie said...

I really like your CAS card! Too bad it wasn't published but keep trying!!!

Carrie Sampsel said...

I love the CAS layout. This is such a bright and cheery card and I love the buttons. I'm sure you'll make it next time. Good luck with your move too.

Gina said...

This is cute, I love the little rainbow look. I haven't ventured into using that tape..yet!

RORO LEE said...

beautiful CAS card! Like the way you use the type. I bought some also, but haven't have a chance to use them yet.

Sarah Bennett said...

Great card, Sami! I think it's wonderful that you submitted it, and hope you don't get discouraged because it wasn't accepted for publication. I know lots of amazing artists who have stuff published all the time- and get rejected over and over and over again as well. It just depends on what "look" they are after at that particular time. Your card is super cute. TFS!

silkeshimazu said...

I love the sentiment and all the buttons!
Crossing my fingers that the next card you submit will get published :). Good luck!

Total Pageviews