Friday, October 14, 2011

Ian is an Anyhero

On November 5th the Legion Riders 685 (link to their FB page ;) our having their annual fundraising steak dinner / reverse raffle.  I work the door every year so this year I decided to have a bunch of anyhero cards for Operation Write Home ready for the participants to write notes to our overseas' heroes.  I will also be taking $10 donations for them to receive an embroidered patch for their riding leathers.
So my goal is to make 1 card a day hopefully I will be able to send a nice check to OWH to help cover their shipping costs.  Last night I pulled out Hero Ian from The Greeting Farm and used the Deconstructed Sketch #23.  I really like how it turned out though I didn't have the best browns and greens in my small copic collection to represent the camo well.
Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Ian
Paper for piecing: Reminisce
All other supplies are A Muse Studio
Paper: Kraft, Grass, French Roast, Sugar, French Roast Gingham
Ink: Memento Tuxedo and French Roast Copics: E00, E02, E15, E29, E31, E33, YG97
Accessories: Grass buttons, Onyx/ white baker's twine, pinking border

5 comments:

~Laurie said...

Super cute card! And as a wife to a husband who is deployed almost half of the time I appreciatate the cause. I even have a craft night at my home dedicated just ti making cards for OWH! Thanks again!

Lela said...

Awesome card Sami! I hope you're really successful for OWH!

Elizabeth said...

Cool card and a great cause. Good luck to you. X

Jennifer Shults said...

This is stunning. I love the simple lines and the colors are so perfect. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

VanessaB said...

darling card and awesome thing to do! :)

Total Pageviews