Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Perfect Sentiment's Vellum Valentine's

I am still a little yucky but I slept almost 3 days straight to bring in the new year and has helped me feel a little better.  But just in case I didn't feel up to it my wonderful hubby designed a card for this week's challenge over at the Perfect Sentiment so you get the pleasure of 2 cards, 1 vellum valentine from each of us. Our sponsor this week is Eye-Lets Etc. and they are giving away a sheet of vellum stickers.
I just love my hubby, he truly makes my heart melt when he gets crafty even if he is messy.  He got out the E2 and the gypsy, some A Muse Studio cherry sweetheart paper and cherry paper and then some miscellaneous white vellum from our stash.  Using the Sweetheart cartridge, he cut the heart at 4.65" out of cherry then the blackout heart out of vellum.
The hand scripted "love you" added the perfect touch to his simple but beautiful vellum valentine.  My version uses similar supplies but I used this week's OWH Stars & Stripes Sketch since all our cards go there anyway I am going to try to join into the festivities more often because they sure do seem to have a lot of fun over there.  I used my new Big Shot that is available through A Muse Studio and our heart die to layer the vellum hearts I scored them and used 1/8" super sticky tape, it looks way better in person.

  I will also be entering my card into the Sentimental Sundays, Crafter Companion's- Love is in the Air, and Crafty Sentiments- Love and Romance.  This is a new record for me of number of challenges entered with one card.  Now if you would like even more vellum valentine ideas check out the rest of design teams gorgeous creations.
Theresa
 Guest Designers
Ashley
Karen
Tabitha



All supplies used are A Muse Studio (except vellum is misc.)
Jeremy's
Stamps: Hand Scripted
Paper: Cherry, Cherry Sweetheart
Ink: Memento
Misc: white vellum
Cartridge: Sweetheart 

Samantha's
Stamps: Essential Sentiments
Paper: Sugar, Cherry Heartbreaker
Ink: Cranberry
Accessories: Silver Metallic Washi Tape, Onyx and white baker's twine, Cherry twinkle dots, Heart dies

32 comments:

kaleidoscopeimpressions said...

Oh how adorable and romantic - I just love the vellum under the cutout heart! Beautiful!

jan farnworth said...

wow your hubby certainly did a fab job and your card is pretty dang cute as well. What a great crafty couple you make.

Jennipher said...

You guys both did a fabulous job! I'm delighted to have you both on the team!

Yolanda said...

Fantastic ways to use vellum!

Tabitha said...

so pretty.

Archana said...

How romantic. Love the red with white and vellum sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!

Jessica Pascarella said...

Both cards are great! Thanks for sharing them!

Especially_For_You said...

These are both such pretty cards! :) You both did a great job.

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

Sarah Bennett said...

Awesome Valentine! And it could be given to a man or a woman- I love that. Hope you're feeling better!

Andrea said...

Love the twine and the 3D heart!!

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

we do have lots of fun - so come join in more often - love how you did the heart - I never think to use vellum and I have some -

thanks for participating

Barb Housner
OWH Blog Team
operationwritehome.org

KarenC Inspired said...

I'm so glad your feeling better!
So impressed by your husband's creativity! Oh wow! that's as good as any woman's card!! LOL
Your heart is great. I'm gonna try it so I can see it in person.

Jen said...

These are both great! I love how you layered the hearts and added the bling!

Kim P said...

Love that heart die...and the layers of vellum hearts! Great cards from both of you!

Jennipher said...

Oh my Jeremy's card is fabulous! Love yours too, I'm just shocked at how crafty Jeremy is. Way to go to both of you.

Julie said...

Beautiful cards! I love the twine and the layered heart on your sketch card. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

PS: I shudder to think what the results might look like if my husband tried to make a card, lol!

Tameko said...

Both card are fabulous. Nice design, and embellishments. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge.

Jac said...

Wow 2 fabulous cards, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

Paula S. said...

Nice cards! I like the crisscrossed was you did the twine and the bling is such a nice touch too.

MiamiKel said...

Oh how sweet!! He's a gem! Love your card, it's just perfect! Happy New Year to you, Sam!

The Paper Peasant said...

Enjoyed them both! Hubby is quite the crafter!! His heart and hand written sentiment are wonderful!! I especially like how you used the twine on yours and the heart is wonderful!

Kate said...

How romantic!! I love how you used the vellum under the heart...great cards!!

~ Ali ~ said...

Fabulous ideas....well done to you both

Thanks for joining in the Crafter's Companion Challenge this month.

Happy New Year

Ali x

Linda said...

Great cards. Love the bling and the twine! TFS!!!

Scrappy Scatty said...

What a lovely card - stunning
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments
Love Jan
xx

nicoleqmullen said...

A crafty husband, lucky you! Your card is beautiful and your husbands is fantastic too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

Jo Davies said...

Beautiful loving the hearts, totally gorgeous!

A big thank you for sharing with us over at Crafty Sentiments for our love and romance challenge, I wish you luck..

Jo x

Crafty Sentiments DT
http://craftysentiments.blogspot.com/

Kate said...

just a quick stop by to wish the both of you a very Happy New Year!

Sassy said...

Sami and Jeremy - if I had to pick which one I liked the best I couldn't do it .... both are FANTABULOUS!

Dora said...

This is gorgeous and so elegant, love it. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xx

Cheryl said...

Oh this is so sweet! I love how you used the vellum.

Marcea said...

Thankyou so much for taking part in our challenge at Crafter's Companion with these beautiful cards. Really gorgeous details and colours

-x-

Total Pageviews