Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Perfect Sentiment, WOYWW and more

Another wonderful Wednesday in blogging world and around here tha now means 2 things a new Perfect Sentiment Challenge and now for the third week in a row WOYWW and if you don't know what that is well It is addicting bet the coolest blog hop ever of the most eclectic crafters in the world (90% of them put me to shame).  Our challenge this week at the Perfect Sentiment is to make a card that is for any holiday or season but the twist is you must use paper piercing.  This week we are super lucky to be given images from Bugaboo Stamps and they let us choose.
 I chose Fancy Sun Bonnet July USA she will get lots of use for AnyHero mail for OWH.  This was my first time with a digi (I know what rock have I been living under??) lol but I probably should have sized her a little smaller for the sketch I chose to use from Sketch N Stash (which I didn't pay for a thing that was used on this card they were gifts, recycled to me from other stashes or earned at convention!!) Except for copics and dies I hope that doesn't disqualify me, it is my first time playing over there.
See she is soooo cute but you can barely see my stars poking from behind her. This card is of course representing 4th of July one of my favorite holidays but can also be used for Memorial Day which honors all our servicemen and women which I try to do every day in some small way. For more inspiration check out some of the great card our wonderful design team members created.
Well my crafty space is an empty TV tray today, I am all cleaned up I may get one more card made before I pack up for my 10 day stay at Mom's.
Oh yeah there is 2 scraps of ribbon from this card I am torn between saving or tossing they are on the edge size wise.  That is my cell phone to give you relative idea. What are your thoughts? This card will also be entered in the OWH: Our Daily Bread Ribbon Challenge!

All products are A Muse Studio (except for bugaboo image)
Stamps: Let Freedom Ring
Ink: Navy, Cherry, Copics: B24, R29, E00
Paper: Sugar, Cobalt, Cherry polka dot
Accessories: Cherry twinkle stickers, Vanilla 3/8" wide twill ribbon, Scalloped border dies, Lg Scalloped Oval and Lg Classic Oval Nestibilities, piercer/ stylus

37 comments:

Neet said...

Enjoy your stay at your Moms. Sorry I have no great ideas for the ribbon, would use them poking out of an oval sentiment or something.
Great Patriotic card.
Don't forget to call in if you haven't already and check out my blog candy - it closes late tonight and I should be drawing tomorrow. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Neet 29

Chrissie said...

A gorgeous image and colour combo and I love your take on our sketch too.
Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
lol Chrissie xx

Sarpreet said...

gorgeous card, clean workspace, great workspace, Happy WOYWW 141, thank you for sharing with us, currently #52 at WOYWW

okienurse said...

great looking card! I decided that if the ribbon isn't >5in it goes in the trash. 5in gets it on a card or tag. I am hard hearted with paper and and other bits now too. Gotta set limits or collect a bushel of stuff you don't use. Hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing. Don't forget my blog candy is still up for grabs so drop by and leave a comment and make sure you are a follower. Vickie #64

Sue said...

fabulous card and great colour combo

Thanks for joining us at SnS

sue
xx

May said...

Wonderful card love the colours, lovely clean workspace, why does mine never look like that!! Have a great week Hugs May x x x

sandee said...

The card is lovely and sure to be appreciated! enjoyed peeking in on your desk and waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Hazel said...

Super card and clean work tray. Enjoy your week (Hazel, WOYW #138) x

tweetybugshouse said...

i think your card turned out wonderful and i would toss the ribbon.

Kim Dellow said...

Great card! Thanks for the peek. Kim

Brenda B said...

Keep the ribbon, that would be cruelty to ribbon to toss it! You can use it to tie a knot on a longer piece of ribbon or thread it through the top of a tag. Although I have to say I have no idea how big your cell phone is either!! Lovely card too and enjoy your time with your mum.

Hugs
Brenda 6

Stephanie said...

The card is SO cute--and your coloring is great!!

Peggy said...

adorable card! looks like you're getting a jump on July 4th

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

My problem is I keep saving stuff so I have boxes and boxes of scraps! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That's a very smart looking patriotic card! I hate those little lengths of ribbon that are right on the edge. I tend to keep them until one day when I get frustrated with too much stuff and toss them. Some things like that get used before the frustration and others not so much. Thanks for sharing your crafty space with us!

Danielle said...

Have fun at your Mom's. You could fold the ribbon in half and make a tab/tag pull with it. I just adore your patriotic card...being an Independence Day baby tends to do that to you. Dani28

Anne-marie said...

Gorgeous image and love the colour combo hank you for sharing hope you have a fab week
Anne-marie x no121

Lou said...

Lovely Card the image is great, great colour combo too, Hope you have a great week Lou x (p.s I have yet to try digi's too, don't tell anyone!)

Scrappin Abby said...

Adorable card Sami..love that we both chose the 4th of July...great minds right?? Lol : )

Amber said...

Very cute!

Vicki said...

So precious!Great work on the challenge! Blessings to you!

Angie said...

Great card...love the colour choice ...I think I'd toss the ribbon btw.
Enjoy your time away.xx

The Paper Peasant said...

Great selection on the image and I love the colors! You got to love making cards form all things given to you, I believe it makes you pay more attention to what you're creating as you don't want to waste a single thing!

Sheena said...

Great card! I've had to start keeping less scraps as I've run out of room and have too much new stuff, so my brain would tell me to bin them. Who am I kidding? Of course I'd keep them and end up not using them! lol!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Sheena
xxx

CraftygasheadZo said...

Great card. Take care, thanks for sharing & enjoy this WOYWW. Zo xx 86

Spyder said...

Lovely card, just love Bugaboo, and a VERY clean and tidy desk! Thank you for my snoop! Have a lovely crafty week HaPpY wOyWw!!
((Lyn)) #15

Maggie's Crafts said...

Great card and have fun!

Thank you for visiting my blog.

Maggie
#152

Cheryl said...

Such a sweet, patriotic card!


~Cheryl~
**Check out my February Blog Candy**

Katie said...

I love the patriotic card! Have a great time at visiting your mom!

As for the ribbon, if it is long enough that it can be tied into a bow, I keep it, if I can't it goes. I figure if I can tie it, I can do lots of things with it!

Sorry to be a day late, I spent all day yesterday on the phone dealing with a Valentine's Day gift that wasn't delivered!
Happy What's on Your Workdesk Thursday!
Katie #21

Sam Pirkle said...

Beautiful Card. Don't feel bad this was my first time to do digis also. I can't wait till the next.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Sandy do love your desk and card - great job! happy WOYWW! Shaz in oz.x thanks for popping over too.

Maggie Schoener said...

Love the image that you used and your card is fabulous!

Lisa said...

Great card love the colors.

scrappymo! said...

Oh my gosh...you are asking an organized hoarder if you should toss something.


NO...you should buy a new storage system to otganize all your small bits of ribbon...hahahaha

Seriously, I would save it. Could be folded off center and tucked under an embellishment, could be tied around another ribbon, could be made into a loop each and tied together with a bit of thread to make a full bow...

Daniele said...

so glad yu joined us at Sn S this week with your lovely card, love the stars just peeking out
hugs

Kim P said...

LOVE this!! Great image, and the layout is fabulous

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your kania-amusestudio.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

Total Pageviews