Wednesday, March 21, 2012

PSC 24, WOYWW, OWH + ODBD & More

It is another wonderful Wednesday here in the crafty couple's corner and as of late we have a million things going on.  We had 2 great workshops this weekend, we had so much fun so check out our awesome Spotlight Specials and Birthday Specials.  We also have another great challenge over at the Perfect Sentiment.  This week's challenge is a to make a Thank you card but the twist is to "distress". Wowza my OCD went bazinga I don't tear, smudge, wrinkle anything for distressing purposes so after 48 hours of the most stressful crafting of my life. Here is my card.
I hope exposing the white core of our beautiful Seattle paper embossed with our swirls embossing plate counts as distressing.  The gorgeous rose image was provided by our wonderful sponsor this week Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps.
They are giving away a $10 gift certificate to one entry from this week chosen by random.org so hop on over to Perfect Sentiment and get your entry in.  For more beautiful distressed Thank you's check out the rest of our wonderful design teams' creations.
Now to all my Woywwers last week's Mr. Linky hide n seek game really put a shake up in the order and I apologize to those that visited me and I did not get to return the favor.  Hopefully this week will go much smoother for all of us including your peek into my place now there is still a pot of chocolate on the stove as I have Caramel, Peanut Butter and Coconut cream eggs in the fridge as I type but the rest of the mess is in check.  Sorry for the blurriness.
Thank you all for your positive thoughts for my health the tests just led to more to tests.  I will also be entering my card in a few other challenges I-copic- flower coloring, Our Daily Bread Designs- OWH  (Digi, Layers, Embossing), and Use Your Stuff- Anything goes.  See you all at your place soon. Happy Crafting!!

All supplies are A Muse Studio (except for sponsor provided image)
Stamps: Friend to friend
Paper: Seattle, Shell, Grass Gingham, Sugar
Ink: Seattle Copics: RV10, RV21, YG25
Accessories: Vanilla Silky Crush Ribbon, multi mini dot twinkle stickers, Sm Circle Nestibilities, Lg Scalloped Circle Nestibilities, Lg Oval Nestibilities, Lg Scalloped Oval Nestibilities, Scalloped Border Dies, Swirls Impression plate

29 comments:

Jennipher said...

It's absolutely lovely Sami and that's just the right amount of distressing for someone who doesn't disress.

Joy said...

Beautiful card! I really like your colour combo and the embossing you did on the background. Thanks for joining the challenge on the Use Your Stuff blog.

okienurse said...

beautiful card love all the colors. Hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing! Vickie #48

Julia Dunnit said...

Sweet card - and if sanding off layers isn't distressing...I'll eat your chocolate pot!
Your desk is unnervingly clear..even when I'm not busy I can't get mine to look like that!

SophieNewton said...

Love the embossing folder background
, stunning x
Sophie no.88

scrappystickyinkymess said...

I am a total distress-er. I love it and use it often. You did well for someone who doesn't usually do it :)

Happy WOYWW.

Mary Anne

Karen said...

Gorgeous card you've made, so pretty with it's distressing too. I've not had the courage to do much distressing yet. You have encouraged me though! Thanks, Karen 112 x

May said...

Beautiful card... great embossing folder fab distress effect!! Happy WOYWW Hugs May x x x No9

Barbara said...

Thanks for playing along with the Use Your Stuff Challenge this week. Hope to see you again.

butlersabroad said...

Love the card Sammi, it took a long time before I was comfortable with a bit of distressing too, and now look at me, not cleaning my stamps as soon as I've used them, lol!! The chocolate eggs sound really yummy and I hope the drs appts help you out. Ouch to the hail! That storm system split in two as it came through, one bit went South, the other North and as we were in the middle the worst missed us completely. They had softball sized hail 10 miles North of us!

Hugs
Bredan 2

Redanne said...

I really, really like your card, the embossing and 'distressing' really set it off nicely. Well done on the distressing! Anne#66

sandee said...

Good luck on the tests! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

tweetybugshouse said...

you did a great job on this sami it might of stressed you a bit but i am so proud of you for sticking it out and getting your card done. Keep pushing on sweetie.

Scrappin Abby said...

I don't know why you were so stressed out Sami..your card is beautiful!!! I love it! : )

CraftygasheadZo said...

Great card. Thanks for sharing for this WOYWW, I'm nosing my way through the list! Take care Zo xx 22

Danielle said...

Lovely card and the exposed cardstock swirls definately count as distress. Dani32

The Paper Peasant said...

It's gorgeous!!! I love the embossing with sanding, that is certainly distressing!!

Peggy Cain said...

Wednesday’s sure do come around quick! Trying again to make “All” the rounds. beautiful card! Have a great day!

Tracy said...

*Waves Madly from across the Maumee River* WOW (or should I say WOYWW!) who would have thought I would find a neighbor doing a blog hop! I live in Lake Township so I'm a hop, jump and skip from Toledo. Your card is gorgeous!! Pleased as punch to see your desk! Warmly, Tracy #34

mforquer said...

Lovely creation...nice soft coloring. Thanks for joining us at iCopic!
Hugs,
M

Karen Conner said...

You poor child! You've got to release your pent up emotions when you distress!! LOL Makes you feel loads better. :o)
You did a fine job. I'd say it's very successful!!
Still praying for wonderful outcome on your health issues!

Floppy Latte Designs said...

Sami,

Absolutely lovely! The distressing is wonderful and I so love your color combinations! Thank you for choosing my image and doing such an awesome card with it!
Jess
Floppy Latte of Floppy Latte's Digital Designs and StitchyBear Digital Stamps
www.floppylattedesigns.com/catalog
www.stitchybearstamps.com/shop

MaggieC said...

Chocolate eggs, I am on the way over. That distressing is just right, a really lovely card. Thank you for your visit this week, and your kind comments. have a good week. xx Maggie #5

Sheri said...

Did you say chocolate? I'll be right there ;)
I love the layout on this! SO sweet! Thank you very much for joining us at iCopic this week! :)

Margaret said...

Beautiful card. Love how you distressed the paper. Great coloring on the image.

Sarah said...

Distress in your own way I say - love how that background came out! Thanks for sharing your desk and a bit of your life! Sarah (a late WOYWWer at no.1)

Jessica Pascarella said...

Love the image! Great colors!

Carol L said...

I love that sanded background and that's distressing of a good kind :) Nice job on the challenge!

Neesie said...

Phewph... apologies for visiting so late but I'm new to WOYWW and its quite a task to get to visit everyone.
I'm glad I did though. Thanks for letting me take a peek :D
Neesie #37

Total Pageviews